Michigan and its vast waterways are a boater’s paradise.
Unfortunately, this means the risk of serious injury or fatal boating injuries is always present. Michigan boating accidents include boats as well as personal watercraft (PWC) or jet skis, kayaks, wakeboards, water skiing and canoes.
Common contributing factors to boating accidents include:
- Inexperienced operators (children as young as 12 may operate a boat with restrictions)
- Inattentive or careless operators
- Excessive speed
- Failure to keep a lookout for other boats, people or objects
- Hitting a big wave or wake at an unsafe speed or angle
- Ejections from the boat due to improper operation
- Ejections from the boat due to navigating in heavy weather
- Contact with propellers
- Not knowing the navigational rules
- Overcrowding or Overloading
- Operating under the influence of alcohol
If you or a family member were injured due to the negligent or careless operation of a boat or jet ski, you may be entitled to financial compensation for medical bills, lost wages, scarring, or pain and suffering.
If you've been injured as a result of someone else's boating negligence, get the compensation you deserve! Call Giroux Amburn 248-531-8665. The consultation is FREE and you only pay if we win.
*Available where permitted